Manchester students hospital testing blues BURST Aware FIVE Manchester

'Vaping burst a hole in my teenage daughter’s lung - we nearly lost her'

Reading now: 763
manchestereveningnews.co.uk

A dad has described the terrifying night his teenage daughter ‘turned blue’ and almost died after her lung collapsed and claims it was all down to vaping.

During the early hours of Saturday, May 11 Mark Blight received a phone call and was told his daughter Kyla, 17, had collapsed and turned 'blue' while sleeping over at a friend's house Mark rushed her to hospital where she underwent a five and a half hour surgery to remove part of her lung after coming close to suffering a cardiac arrest. READ MORE: 'Our family has been destroyed...' Tributes to woman, 22, killed in south Manchester crash A small air blister known as a pulmonary bleb had developed on the top of Kyla's lungs and it is thought her excessive vaping caused this to burst and led to her lung collapsing.

Kyla spent a further two weeks in hospital before she could return home. The student, who began vaping at just 15, believed the habit to be 'harmless' and would get through an entire 4,000 puff vape a week, which is the equivalent to 400 cigarettes.

However Kyla now vows the ordeal has 'scared' her away from touching disposable vapes from now on. Full-time carer Mark took to Facebook to spread awareness of his daughter's 'life-threatening' experience, urging young people to 'throw away vapes' because 'it's not worth it'.

Read more on manchestereveningnews.co.uk
The website starsalert.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

DMCA