Britain Scotland record Department Provident Bill UPS COST Updates Britain Scotland

New Winter Fuel Payment update for people over State Pension age

Reading now: 125

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has removed the online claim forms for the 2023/24 Winter Fuel Payment for people living in the UK and retirees living abroad.

The closing date for applications for the annual heating bill help was Sunday, March 31 - which means anyone who missed the deadline will not be entitled to up to £600.

The 2023/24 Winter Fuel Payment also included the pensioner cost of living support and was paid to more than 11 million people over State Pension age before Christmas, however, automatic payments continued to land in bank accounts up until January 26, 2024.The DWP update on GOV.UK states that they have “removed the Winter Fuel Payment claim form as you can no longer claim a payment for winter 2023 to 2024” and adds that the form to claim a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2024 to 2025 will be “available at a later date”.

A similar update has been published for those living abroad.For people living in Scotland this will have been the last Winter Fuel Payment they will receive from the DWP as a new devolved one-off payment will start later this year.The Scottish Government announced last year that Pension Age Winter Heating Payment will be worth up to £300 - the same as Winter Fuel Payment.The Scottish Government has previously committed to delivering the new payment on a ‘like-for-like basis’ with the existing benefit administered by the DWP.However, a consultation which closed in January this year, set out proposals for implementing the new payment and gave people of all ages the opportunity to share their views on a range of elements of the benefit, including the name, payment rates, changes to qualifying week and whether it should continue to be paid during November and December.Under

The website is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News