county Thomas: Celebs Rumors

+25

‘Who Killed My Father’ Off Broadway Review: A French Wunderkind’s Cri-de-Coeur

three-person play by the German director Thomas Ostermeier that deployed actors holding iPads and iPhones to record the action.Ostemeier reteams with Louis for “Who Killed My Father,” which opened on Sunday at Brooklyn’s St. Ann’s Warehouse (where “History of Violence” also had a successful run three years ago).
thewrap.com

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
Death in Paradise star cried after being rejected for different role five times
BBC show as police officer Naomi Thomas in the show's eleventh series.But she broke down after being originally turned away from another role in the show.During a recent interview with her co-star Tahj Read, who portrays Marlon Pryce, on his podcast, Shantol admitted securing a place on the show was a difficult task.The actress told how it took her three years to finally get the role she wanted.She said she had been turned down on numerous occasions since auditioning for the show for the first time in 2018."I did five auditions," she said. "And they kept saying 'Hey, we love your performance, but you need to change this and change that.'"The Death in Paradise star admitted she was overcome with emotion after receiving a job rejection via email.She said: "Tahj, I won't lie, I balled."I was so devastated and I cried, I was like 'This industry is so awful, why am I doing this?'"Unperturbed, Shantol continued to apply for roles in the show.She said: "That was 2018 and I got my agent in 2017 when I came here, and every year since then I've done 1,545 self-tapes, I am going to round it up to that."Every year I would send them an email saying, 'Thank you for still being here with me', because nothing was happening".Shantol was delighted when show bosses offer her the part of Naomi Thomas in 2021.Prior to working on the show, the Jamaican actress has five years of experience in the industry.She has had roles in several staged plays as well as a role in her first feature film, Sprinter, in 2021.
metroweekly.com
Visit Julia Child’s Georgetown Home This Saturday
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, one of her earliest cookbooks, from the colonial-style house in a tucked-away strip of Georgetown that she purchased with her husband in the late 1940s.What Child called a “little jewel” of a house, a clapboard built in 1870 by notable African-American carpenter Edgar Murphy and recently sold after a five-year renovation, is one of eight privately held properties that will be on rare public view as part of the 89th Georgetown House Tour.Heralded as “the oldest, most prestigious house tour in the country,” this year’s self-guided tour, presented by St. John’s Episcopal Church, Georgetown Parish, highlights the history and evolution of the neighborhood, a showcase of charming 19th-century architecture updated with 21st-century modern design enhancements.The historic church, dating to 1796 and counting Thomas Jefferson and Francis Scott Key as founding members, will serve as the starting point for the tour, set for Saturday, April 23, while also welcoming attendees for an afternoon Parish Tea serving light beverages and refreshments.The tour serves as a benefit for the church’s ministry and outreach, including support for a range of charities including the DC Volunteer Lawyers Project, Manna DC, Jubilee Jobs, Georgetown Ministry Center, Seafarers & International House, American Near East Refugee Aid, and Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem.Child’s home is one of eight properties on view as part of this year’s “Georgetown Old & New” tour.
dailystar.co.uk
Lilibet and Archie absence on Sussexes' trip 'an insult' to Queen, Thomas Markle says
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to leave their children in LA during their brief visit to the Queen was “an insult” to the monarch, Thomas Markle has claimed.Having not returned to the UK together since their acrimonious royal exit in early 2020, Harry and Meghan made a surprise visit to meet Charles and the Queen on the way to the Invictus Games in The Hague.Their children Lilibet and Archie did not appear to be present, and Meghan’s estranged father Thomas has suggested that this would likely have upset the Queen on the latest episode of his Remarkable Friendship podcast.Reflecting on Harry and Meghan’s decision to leave their children in California, Thomas suggested: “That’s another slap in the face to the Queen.“They shouldn’t have bothered stopping if they didn’t bring the kids… I think that she would look around and wonder where the great-grandchildren are and be disappointed that they weren’t there.“She’s always said that she wanted to see the children; she wanted to see Archie and she wanted to see Lili.”Thomas went on to suggest that Meghan leaving her 10-month old daughter behind to embark on a European trip was “very odd”, but accepted that Doria may have offered to hep out with childcare while the Sussexes are away.He continued: “Everything they do brings on more trouble. Like I said, leaving the kids behind and showing up with the Queen is an insult to the Queen.
DMCA