county Los Angeles: Celebs Rumors

+24

Los Angeles prosecutors: More evidence needed in Marilyn Manson sexual abuse investigation

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has completed the investigation into the sexual abuse allegations against Marilyn Manson.  After the 19-month probe, detectives turned in the results to prosecutors, who said Tuesday more evidence is needed before they can consider criminal charges against Manson. The case against the 53-year-old musician involves sexual assault and domestic violence from 2009 until 2011.  The District Attorney’s Office called the case it received "partial." The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has completed the investigation into the sexual abuse allegations against Marilyn Manson.
foxnews.com

Related News

completemusicupdate.com
LA District Attorney says police investigation into Marilyn Manson is yet to report
In something of an unusual move, the LA County District Attorney George Gascón has posted a video message to Instagram providing an update on the police investigation into the allegations of sexual abuse that have been made against Marilyn Manson.The LA County Sheriff’s Department first announced that its Special Victims Unit was looking into abuse allegations against Manson – real name Brian Warner – back in February 2021.The investigation began after actor Evan Rachel Wood confirmed that, when she had previously spoken about an abusive former partner, she was talking about her relationship with the musician. Other women then subsequently came forward also accusing Warner of abuse, some of whom then filed lawsuits in relation to their allegations.When an earlier allegation of abuse was made against Warner in LA County in 2018 – with the musician accused of having held a woman captive for two days in 2011 – the DA’s office decided not to pursue a case against him, stating that the statute of limitations had expired and that there was an “absence of corroboration”.But the reason that the DA’s office has not taken any action this time round, Gascón says, is simply because it is still waiting for the LA Country Sheriff’s Department to submit any report stemming from its investigation.In the statement on Instagram, Gascón explains: “The Brian Warner matter is still under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and has not yet been submitted to our office”.“Please be assured that we are requesting regular updates on the status of the investigation”, he adds.
hellomagazine.com
Vanessa Bryant shares heartfelt video with famous friends following celebratory trial news
Vanessa Bryant is holding her friends extra tight.MORE: Vanessa Bryant makes sentimental tribute to Kobe Bryant for his birthdayThe star received a wave of relief when a federal jury found her in the right after she sued Los Angeles county since deputies and firefighters captured and shared photos from the aftermath of the horrific crash that left nine dead.Less than a week after the verdict, Vanessa shared a glimpse with fans into how she was relaxing at home following the good news.WATCH: Vanessa celebrates daughter Natalia's entry into USCMORE: Vanessa Bryant shares family joy after devastating loss as fans send supportThe philanthropist took to Instagram to share a sweet video of herself having a girls night with none other than her good friends Monica and Ciara, and it really is as heartfelt as it gets.The heartwarming clips see the three women, clad in cozy sweatshirts in a variety of pastel colors, snuggling next to one another on a white couch.Vanessa's happiness and relief is truly palpable, as she is captured smiling ear to ear while the three best friends engage in non-stop giggling, singing and cuddling next to each other.The three seemed to have had a great time togetherAnother Instagram Story shared by Ciara proves just how tight-knit their families are, as it sees her cuddling with the Bryant's 5-year-old daughter, Bianka Bella, while the two are saying "BB" and CC" back to each other, their respective nicknames.MORE: Vanessa Bryant pays emotional tribute to Gigi and Kobe Bryant on poignant anniversaryMORE: Vanessa Bryant reacts to challenging news about lawsuit over leaked Kobe crash photosCiara and Monica have been a crucial element of the mother-of-four's support system, not only since losing her
etonline.com
Vanessa Bryant Donating Proceeds From $16 Million Trial Payout to Mamba and Mambacita Foundation
Vanessa Bryant is paying it forward to a cause near and dear to her late husband, Kobe Bryant, and their late daughter, Gianna Bryant. Vanessa and co-plaintiff Christopher Chester — who lost his wife, Sarah, and 13-year-old daughter, Payton, in the same helicopter crash that killed Kobe and 13-year-old Gianna -- were seeking millions of dollars in damages for emotional distress after gruesome photos of the victims' bodies were leaked and taken by officers at the site of the fatal January 2020 crash. On Wednesday, a jury ordered Los Angeles County to pay $31 million to Vanessa and Christopher, according to multiple reports. The jury awarded $16 million to Vanessa and $15 million to Christopher.Per Vanessa's lawyer, Luis Li, revealed that Vanessa plans to give an unspecified amount of the verdict award to the Mamba and Mambacita Sports Foundation, a nonprofit that continues Kobe and Gianna's legacies by offering opportunities to underprivileged young athletes.«From the beginning, Vanessa Bryant has sought only accountability, but our legal system does not permit her to force better policies, more training or officer discipline,» Luis said in a statement to the outlet. «Those measures are the responsibility of the sheriff's and fire departments — responsibilities that Mrs.
DMCA