Mouldy tea bags, a dirty toilet, dead insects, no electricity and no room key. This was the nightmare stay that a mum endured during a recent trip to a Manchester hotel.
The family, who have asked not to be named, were visiting the city at the end of September as their daughter was starting university.
They travelled from London and stayed at the Victoria Park Hotel in Rusholme paying £130 for two rooms for one night via booking.com READ MORE: Person killed after horror collision on major road in Ashton-under-Lyne "It wasn't the most expensive place, so I wasn't expecting luxury," the mum said. "I've travelled quite a lot and used booking.com for years. "I wasn't expecting anything big, that wasn't the point of the journey." Get theRead more on manchestereveningnews.co.uk