America Ferrera Los Angeles USA Netflix show pride Love America Ferrera Los Angeles USA

‘Gentefied’ EP America Ferrera Reflects On Cancellation: “It’s Small Miracle Every Time One Of Our Stories Is Birthed Into the World”

Reading now: 613
deadline.com

Netflix on Thursday canceled Gentefied. A day later, America Ferrera, who executive produced the half-hour Latinx dramedy alongside creators Marvin Lemus and Linda Yvette Chávez, shared her reaction to Netflix’s decision on Instagram.“So sad that our beloved Gentefied has reached its end,” she wrote. “I have nothing but immense pride for this gorgeous show and the incredibly talented humans who came together to put something new and deeply authentic on our screens.”Ferrera praised Lemus and Chávez who “valued and loved us enough to write us into the story with humor, complexity and heart.”Gentefied, hailed for its authentic Latino representation, could not attract big enough audience for Netflix to order another season as Season 2 did not crack the streamer’s Top 10.But while Gentefied’s run was ultimately cut short, the show went farther than many other series efforts featuring underrepresented voices and stories.

Ferrera was grateful that Gentefied, which follows East Los Angeles Latinos on their respective and collective search for the American Dream, made it to the air and thanked “all who helped make it happen.”“It’s a small miracle and a monumental feat every time one of our stories is birthed into the world,” she said about the continuing dearth of on-screen representation. “Let’s keep figuring out how to nurture and support our storytellers and stories- there’s still so much work ahead.”A post shared by America Ferrera (@americaferrera)New and returning series on broadcast, cable and streamingSeries that made it or didn’t make it in 2020-21Broadcast networks’ fall lineups and schedules

Read more on deadline.com
The website starsalert.com is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

dailystar.co.uk
Tyson Fury in talks over undisputed clash with Oleksandr Usyk as Anthony Joshua impacted
Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are in talks over an undisputed bout, according to Bob Arum, which would see Anthony Joshua step aside from a rematch.Fury, who defended his WBC and The Ring world heavyweight belts against Deontay Wilder in October, would get the chance to take the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles Usyk won from Joshua in September.Joshua had been expecting to use his rematch clause to try and become a three-time heavyweight world champion at some point this year, but could now end up facing the winner of Fury vs Usyk.Veteran promoter Arum updated fans over ongoing talks on Wednesday morning, and mentioned the possibility that both Joshua and Dillian Whyte could step aside.Arum told talkSPORT: "It is total chaos."What’s happening is just promises coming out of the Middle East about doing a unified fight with Usyk and Fury, and is Dillian Whyte gonna step aside."And people that have absolutely no contractual ties – like Frank Warren’s Queensberry and our Top Rank do – are getting involved.Who will win between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk? Give us your verdict in the comments section"It’s a typical terrible kind of situation, but hopefully it’ll get sorted out and probably it will get sorted out with a purse bid on Friday."When asked which of Usyk or WBC mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte he believes Fury will fight next, Arum replied: "I have absolutely no idea."Who are these people in the Middle East? And what’s their backing and all of that stuff? That’s not clear."All I know is that the contract with Tyson Fury is with Frank Warren’s Queensberry and Top Rank."Nobody has talked to us about buying out rights or getting our permission to go ahead."Earlier this month, Fury had lashed out at
dailystar.co.uk
Angry delivery driver leaves note and £1.16 in change on customer's car after £5 tip
Reddit user has claimed their food delivery driver left an angry note on their car after bringing over a takeaway.Posting on social media, the anonymous person – who operates under the username phantaxtic – uploaded a photograph of the note which had been stuffed inside a Ziplock bag that they claimed was left by the person who dropped off their food.Alongside the message was a total of $1.98 (£1.16) in loose change.Usually, most of us will tell delivery drivers to keep the change when paying as a thank you for their work.So, you might be thinking the customer cheaped out and didn’t bother to give the driver a spare quid or two, but, the poster explained that they had in fact tipped the driver a respectable $10 (£5.85)..The poster captioned the snap: “Food delivery driver left a note on our car in a bag with $1.95 and a passive aggressive message.“We tipped him $10, the restaurant is a 10 minute drive away.”The note read: “Here’s some spare change you clearly need it more than I do.“Keep it for your next delivery driver’s tip. Stay safe.”The photo quickly went viral with over 6,000 people liking the post – and over 1,000 people commented on it.One commenter said: “After a few bad experiences with the various delivery services, I’ll starve in my house rather than deal with it.”And another replied: “Really expensive, slow, and at the end, your food arrives ice cold, what a service!”A third added: “‘Stay safe’ – don’t know if it’s a warning or advice!”“That's not passive aggressive.